Friday, September 15, 2006

Really.... I do work :)

I work on the computer, so I spend quite a bit of time at my desk. Today I thought I'd listen to Montel Williams, I haven't watched his show forever. And if I do ever think to look at it, it's usually that psychic. Meh. But, I'm sort of chuckling.. but I feel bad for these people at the same time. He is interviewing children that have had to raise their siblings due to the death of their parents. And they all have horribly sad stories, and you just want to try to do something to help them. But they're all tough, and just getting it done. But it makes me laugh because if they were on Oprah.. you would hear all about their terrible story.. then she would give them full scholarships... cars.. new homes... free food for 100 years... and all these great things. But on Montel, you just feel sort of sad and helpless after watching these poor kids and their struggle. One girl, he said he's going to try to help her go to college. "We're going to work on that now! And see what we can do!".

Just makes me think. These kids should have done their research, and told their story on Oprah :)

**Update**
OK, in the last 5 minutes he decided to prove me wrong :) There were some free tickets to Orlando, and rooms at Ramada from cheaptickets.com. No free stuff from Disney.. they suck. And some clothes certificates, misc certificates for school stuff, $5K for bills.. and Montel is paying for the college education of 1 girl himself. So... OK.... it's all good :) Well, it's better anyway. But I still think Oprah coulda gotten them in at Disney for free! And a new van for the one girl to drive her 5 siblings around in... she had a beat-up old van.