Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Oh....

and to clarify why we don't love MrNV :) While Monkey and I were enjoying a nice quiet evening at home.. he was in VEGAS bringing in the New Year :) I know, it was sort of for 'work' but he was at Caesars Palace and got to see a few of the celebs arriving at Club Pure. "I don't know who any of them are, but there are a lot of paparazzi around." Such a waste :) Although he was quite certain he didn't see Britney, she was the host of their New Year's Eve party. He laughed that all of the girls were wearing their highest heels, shortest skirts and jiggliest tops.. and all the guys looked like thugs, un-shaven in jeans and sloppy shirts.

Which brings me to my Friday :) On Friday afternoon I went to Andre's Confiserie Suisse with my father. Andre's has been a sort of mental addiction for me since childhood, and my father knew Andre' and Marcel. They sell amazing pastries, and should be outlawed. But I owed the ladies at the bank a cake and pastries... and that was my EXCUSE to go :) So pere picked up Monkey and I and we cruised through our Country Club Plaza area en route to Andre's. And this is all I heard... please insert Swiss accent: "Fuckin' jeans. All I see are fuckin' jeans. Why do these assholes come to the Plaza to shop.. for more fuckin' jeans? Look at all of these assholes. Not ONE of them is wearing anything other than jeans. Why don't they just shop at Wal-Mart if all they're going to wear is fuckin' jeans." And this went on for about 20 minutes. Of course, his daughter is sitting next to him in jeans. ..sigh.. BUT, I was not shopping on the Plaza!! An upscale area with designer stores. I guess it was a bit ironic, all of these beautiful windows filled with designer dresses and suits.. and rif-raf roaming the streets in jeans :) But it really was hilarious. And Monkey just laughs his ass off when he's around Grumpa D, because he's just so .. um .. poetic :)