Sunday, January 28, 2007

Don't like Sundays.


I have never really liked Sunday much. It's such a lame day of the week. I can't just crawl out of bed and go somewhere to scrounge up breakfast, because everyone has been to church and is dressed to the t's. And I drive by all of the churches, parking lots flowing over, and remember what a heathen I am and how I most likely have a 1 way ticket to Purgatory. And shopping is crap, all the straights are out doing their Sunday shopping en masse. So I wait... hovering in the background... and then realize... IT'S SUNDAY AND EVERYONE CLOSES EARLY! So I basically accomplish nothing. Which is OK, because I can do it on MONDAY when all the straights are at work. Pfft.

So Monkey had a friend over today, and I actually crashed this afternoon. I don't remember the last time I took an afternoon nap? Unless I was running a fever. And it was great. I think I slept from 2 to 4. Eventually MrNV came to check on me, "You OK?" Waking me from my dream, which I now can't remember. But that means I was sleeping well, so that's great. When MrNV and I first moved in together, we loved sleeping all day on Sunday. His dad would call non-stop, "Going to church? Where are you? Why aren't you at church?"... snicker. And for you pervs, I don't mean 'sleeeeping - wink wink nudge nudge' all day.. I really mean just laying about being no good at all for anything. We lived in a 3rd floor apartment, and one day discovered that the cars outside actually reflected on the ceiling of our bedroom. We kept hoping someone would leave, and when they did we could see them walking to the car.. opening the door and driving off. It was the strangest thing ever. We even had the curtains closed. We never figured it out. Ach well. Then you have kids, and everything changes. You have to get up, because they're up. If you don't, they'll open the front door and let anybody in. They open the back door, and let all the dogs run free. He'll make cereal and eat it on the living room floor, and if the dog isn't gone he'll help himself. Milk and sticky Cheerios will be everywhere, including the couch. Once I woke up and he was outside playing. ONCE.

I did manage to go to Chipotles with Monkey and order up a late lunch. Yes, I pronounce it Chip-ol-tay's, because I'm illiterate and I can. Otherwise I mumble through the entire thing. I really enjoy their carnitas burrito, but I cut it open on a plate like a science project and eat the innards with chips. It's the proper European way, I promise. And at the bottom of my chip bag? A green M-n-M. I'm not sure what it meant, but I felt sorta violated. Like when you find a hair in your food? But maybe not as gross as a hair, but still something which really shouldn't have been there.. and you know there is a story. A bit disturbing.

So tomorrow is Monday. Tuesday I'm getting new furniture, we're so giddy. We bought our current couch when we were married in 1994. It's almost like an Anniversary present now that I think on it, since the 19th is our Anniversary. 13 years. Egads. Better yet, we moved in together in 1987. He should get a trophy, because I am seriously insane. My whole family is. I'm certain it's why he travels so much now :) Fucker.

Oh well. Just typing out mundane Sunday stuff.. because Sunday is so mundane. Growing up I used to work every Sunday. And by work, I mean work my ass off. We had a restaurant, and on Sunday we had a very popular buffet. You talk about child labor. But I would do it again :) I met a lot of great and interesting people working there. But I did hate 'peeling' the strawberries. We had crates and crates of strawberries, and I had to pluck the little green leaves and stem part out. It would take me days to get all of the stain from under my small child nails. And I was embarrassed when I had to go out and help in the front area.. I would hide my hands. And don't get me started on the days when I started serving.. I was about 14. Well, younger when I would be bus girl. Plenty of people had drinks dumped on them :)

AHAAH!

Gosh.
I'm old.
Bunny is eating an apple.
Monkey and dog-beasts are sleeping.
MrNV is out partying with strippers most likely.
I hope y'all have a great week :) C'mon Monday!!

PS- The image is of my silly neighbor coming down to battle MrNV with our Light Sabers last week. We were waiting for Monkey's bus to arrive. I think she kicked his ass :) It was the Karate Kid moves that did it :)