Sunday, January 21, 2007

Landspeeder Sled :)

I remember being a kid, and playing in the snow. I loved it. And it didn't matter how cold I would get, I hated the thought of having to go inside. My feet, hands and face would be bright red from the cold. My clothes wet and starting to freeze up.. but I still carried on :) And of course I was never dressed properly. I would be at work with my parents, and usually in a dress. But by nightfall, I was out in the back parking lot digging away. The snow removal guys would shove all of the snow into one corner, creating a huuuuge mountain of icy fun. I would take the great big ice scoop from our ice machine (the restaurant kind, and my dad would get super annoyed) and I would dig tunnels forever. It was awesome! But now, as a parent, I'm all, "It's time to go in now, it's cold! You're wet, and cold, and turning into an ice cube!" Of course he didn't want to head home until he was completely miserable. I remember those days :)

But he had a lot of fun playing in the snow today. We caught up with some of his friends at a nearby hill, and they all tried very hard to kill each other. We also filled up his Landspeeder raft, which we use for the pool, to see if it would make a great sled. Not so much, but it was really soft and it didn't whack you in the face when you crashed. Or anyone else for that matter. I posted 2 videos of them sledding on YouTube. If you like, you can view them HERE and HERE.