Sunday, July 23, 2006

Fridge Voyeur


I was taking a break, and cruised by Ryan's blog.. and noticed he was talking about his fridge. And it made me laugh.. look and you'll see why :) And it made me think of a friend of mine, Tracy, and her obsession with what people have in their refrigerators. It was funny, anytime she would come over she loved to just look in the fridge. Not that she was an obsessive eating machine, she just thought it said a lot about the person? She loved going to my sister's house, she has so much stuff in there.. you need assistants to open it. It's crazy.

So I thought I'd challenge y'all to post your fridgelets :) And we'll figure out what it tells us about you. I think mine says.. I'm just dull :)

For starters, most of it is low carb.. we try to stick to a low carb diet when we can (giggle). However, I do get a break considering a couple things I bought for my guests lastnight. Dean's French Onion dip, it is the best. Whipped cream cheese. 2 green peppers. Half of a cantaloupe. 4 German bratwurst.. not the American kind, but the real white German ones. My dad gives them to me.. he loves them. Behind those things on the top shelf, usually pickles, relish, various sauces. Second shelf, 3 bottles of Crystal Light .. we call it 'red'. Now I can't even think of the proper name, but I do know if I don't have at least 2 bottles of it in the house I become hostile. And a bottle of Crystal Light orange sunrise.. or something like that. Not as necessary as RED. Some wines and champagnes. Milk for the monkey. And some bottles of Smirnoff Green Machine. Bought those, and the others on the next shelf, for the Girls Scout momma's. Lightweights, only drank like 3 of them. They demanded Mikes Hard Green Apple, or something like that? Of course it was out of stock. I can only do so much :) .. of course the next shelf would be eggs.. and next to it there is usually a case of Diet Coke. But hubster is out of town right now, so I haven't stocked up on more yet. And the bottom are meats. For a fast meal, we love those Tyson pre-cooked meats. Pork roast or Beef pot roast. They are low carb, and low sugar. Done in 5 minutes, and they really are quite good. High in sodium... but you can't win them all :) And they last forever, and don't require freezing. The door would be cheese cheese cheese, then heavy whipping cream. Another of our low carb/sugar favs :) If you mix 1/2 of a box of Jell-O sugar free chocolate instant pudding, with heavy whipping cream, and then mix it up to a whipping cream texture... MAN is it good. It's like chocolate mousse, but without all of the sin :) A variety of dressings. I love Ranch, but the Athenos feta one rocks, and there is another good one... I believe it's Ken's Italian with aged Romano. And then the bottom would be a Pina Colada mix, but I don't know how to make them :) And Hellmans, because I can't live without it. Mustard, Parmesan.. and that's about it. I know, I know... the freezer. WHAT IS IN THE FREEEEEZERRRR!!???? Body parts.

How thrilling, eh? Well, I'm just procrastinating doing dishes. So... going to do dishes now :)