Saturday, February 18, 2006

Such a cute book cover..


So my son brings home a little Scholastic flyer every month, with books available for us to buy. I love it, because it reminds me of when I was a kid. Certain smells, and this is definitely one of them. While browsing through the titles, I caught one I thought would be really cute.. 'A Dog Called Kitty'. Awwwe. So I started to read the little paragraph below it, which explains the book:

"Ever since he was savagely mauled by a rabid dog, Ricky is terrified of them."

Seriously? I didn't even need to go any further. This sounds like some sort of book my crazy gore-loving friend would read! Not my 6 year old son. Couldn't he just be mauled? Not SAVAGELY mauled? And did the dog HAVE to be rabid also? Why not a pack of dogs?? Why didn't they tear up his baby pet bunny while they were at it?? It reminds me of when I went to see 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' as a child. I can still remember that sick nauseous feeling I had when I left the theater. I wonder if Oprah will add this one to her Book of the Month club?? :)