Saturday, February 25, 2006

Na-po-Leon

OK, so I can't hear the name Napoleon anymore without thinking of the uncle in 'Napoleon Dynamite'. AHHAH! We took the monkey and one of his monkey friends to see 'The Pink Panther' tonight. My husband and I are fans of Peter Sellers, so we weren't too hopeful. But, it was pretty funny. And my son laughed his ass off, so that's always a plus in our book.

The problem I had with the movie is stupid. On the wall of the police chief's office there is a painting. The painting is titled 'Bonaparte Crossing the St.Bernard Pass' painted by Jacques-Louis David. I knew in my demented mind that Napoleon was supposed to be facing the left, but in the painting on the wall he was facing the right. And it was really bugging the crap out of me. And I knew that there was text on the bottom left, so if they had flipped it then the text would be backwards. So I kept peering at the artwork and I totally missed every conversation which took place in that office. And I'm so stupid! Don't you hate it when you get hung up on silly details and miss out on the rest of the movie?! Well, not that it was that hard to keep up with Clouseau :)