Saturday, February 11, 2006

Another freakin' birthday...


(photo of my Mumsie and I when I was a bebe) So, the 9th was my birthday. You know, a few months before your birthday you start working out these grand ideas in your head of how.. at LEAST.. you're going to take the day off and do WHATEVER you want. And you're determined. And it's going to be AWESOME FUN! But, as the date gets closer.. things happen. And it's fine that things happen, but what a shitty day it was. Seriously. And, boo-hoo to me, who cares really :) I had to work on artwork all day, both my husband and I are being tormented by some sort of cold virus, and my husband is still going through issues from his mother recently passing away. So he's cranky AND sick. So I was mad.. because he was mad.. and he was mad... because I was mad... and it was just a generally crappy day. And to sum it up... as he sat at his desk (back to me) I tossed my Wendy's chicken nuggets at his head. BWAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHH!! OK, it's fuckin' hilarious now that I look back on it.. but at the time I wanted to shove my keyboard through his skull. But that vision of nuggets bouncing off his head is SO funny!!! And my dogs running all over the place trying to gobble them up as quickly as possible.

Anyway, I'm 38 now. My sister did bring me a beautiful new Orchid.. and I love it. And my Step-Father brought me a beautiful pot of blooming tulips.. so it looks like a flower garden on my desk. It all turned out just fine in the end, and my husband and I made up. We always do. I would never describe my marriage to him as being dull :) But I would say my birthday sort of sucked. Except for my beautiful boy singing Happy Birthday and giving me big kisses. That pretty much eliminates all of the negative :)