Saturday, February 11, 2006

Pavarotti rocks..


Unfortunately I couldn't be home lastnight to watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Primarily because I am stupid and forgot it was starting, but I had plans anyway. And of course, I don't Tivo or any of that other fancy stuff. I used to record things on my VCR but still never watched them.. so I just gave up. But, as luck would have it, I made it home in time for the BEST part of the show anyway! I love listening to Luciano Pavarotti sing 'Nessun Dorma'. It's my calming song... and he pumped it out! What more can I say. I just love him, and I love his voice. My father used to sing opera to me. We would cruise around in his car, taking road trips here and there, and he would belt out the songs. And I would ask him what they were singing.... OH the stories he would come up with. BWAAAHHHAAHAHHA! And he's a big guy like Pavarotti, and he's from Switzerland and has a super thick accent. Perhaps I just like Pav because he reminds me of the good times and in doing so he makes my father eternal.