Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rude.

One of my neighbors called yesterday, asking if her 10 year old son could hang out here today. Some long story about how her other 2 kids were at their Grandmother's and it would save her a trip. Fine, Monkey likes him anyway because he's the 'older' boy :) But all he wanted to do all day is sleep, play XBox and watch TV. He kept yelling at Alex when he would want to go outside to play, "It's hot! I don't want to!" and so on about wanting to watch movies he hasn't seen before. I'm starting to think having cable is bad, as it keeps Monkey's friends from wanting to play outside with him. They want to watch TV or play XBox. I see new rules quickly forming in the Monkey household.

At any rate, she dropped him off at 8:30 and just picked him up at 4:18. Before I could even get to the door to say by, she was 1/2 way across the front lawn leaving. No 'Bye' or 'Thank You' or 'Hi! How are you doing today?'. I opened the door to say bye, and she replied, "Oh, we have to hurry to the bank..." and she got into her car.

That's just rude. Seriously. I work from home, I don't allow kids to hang out here all day because we receive/make calls and it's just very distracting. I made an exception (other than for G and A because they are perfect kids:)) and she didn't even say thanks. I guess that maybe I'm just sensitive. But I would never do that. I would make time to stop and say thanks! And even 2 seconds of chit-chat. Shit. I'm not that much of a bitch to hang out with!