Friday, June 16, 2006

Hasenfeffer Update


Well, Hasen doesn't seem to have any issues with living with us. They warned us about diarrhea.. eew.. and other things. The bunny might try to run off whenever you're near, until they're used to you. Pfft. He's great. OK, he's not totally into the whole potty training thing yet. We bought the little corner box and litter stuff, and when we first put him in the cage he used it. I was amazed. But, since then, not so much :) But, it's alright, it's easy to clean his cage. Puppy poo on the carpet? No thanks.

And I think he might just be part garbage-disposal. It's cool in our office, and I think the cooler he is the more he eats. He's only supposed to get up to 4 lbs, but I'm thinking 20 lbs EASY!! Mr NV reminded me of the episode in 'Malcolm in the Middle' where they have the super fat bunny that is squeezed into the cage and eats anything? That's probably going to be Hasen :) But when he's outside, he's not interested in eating at all. Neither am I when I'm hot. Maybe I need to turn the heat on inside in the summer? Could be a new diet plan :)

Our yellow lab, Tara, isn't too keen on him getting bunny treats.. and she doesn't. So there is now much huffing and grunting going on. We gave her a few today, basically they're crackers without the salt. She'll eat anything too. So she's not quite as cranky, but Hasen got right in there to try to fend her off!

At any rate, he's doing great. He's very curious, and Monkey had him out today exploring the office. I still have to replace my phone cord, since he bit through it. And he went after my cell charger today. Waskly Wabbit :) Oh, and SBS, we're only getting one.. so there won't be any chances for bunny-cannibalism :)