Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Terrible 2's my ass.

Where did my sweet little kid go? Man. For the last five days I've been trying to help him with some stupid assignment due today. Super easy, write a stupid letter to your teacher talking about Christmas Break and what all went on. No big deal. At all. Every evening we sit and go over the rought draft, he's good for about 20 minutes then he starts blocking me out. Rolling his eyes at me. Throwing a tantrum. I'm borderline psychotic at this point. It was due today and it isn't finished. He did the rough draft. Short of writing it for him, it was done. Lastnight he was a complete madman, so I sent him to bed at 7:00. My entire night ruined, because I just hate arguing. Makes me insane. So I woke him up early this morning, giving him an extra hour to get ready so that he could take the time to finish what he wrote. Nope. He was in a perfect mood up until that moment.. then insanity. So I'm done. He's just going to have to take an incomplete, because I've had it. I'm not going to sit here and cry anymore because my kid is driving me to the point I want to beat him senseless.

I was calm. Explained it all rationally and just let him do his thing. Simply copy his rough draft.. he couldn't do it. So, whatever. Don't lecture me on how to raise my child or what a bad job I'm doing. I'm just venting. Today is not the day for lectures.