Sunday, September 23, 2007

Money CAN buy you children??

I thought that when you applied to adopt a child, that there were a huge list of rules and regulations? I think perhaps too many, but I'm sure they're there for a reason. I think it's why so many people adopt from other countries. Right? I have a very nice neighbor, she applied to adopt a child here in the US. Lots and lots of interviews. And time. She was sad because of the amount of time it took, and the evaluations. They have a son, a nice kid. They both are educated, work with science stuff. Smarty-smart. But they were rejected. The reason? They weren't diverse enough. I don't even know what that means.

Now Rosie, who has adopted a few kids, is coming out with a new book. In it she talks about how she used to break her own fingers or damage her hand severely with a bat.. for attention. Because it made her feel important. And other psychotic issues. And I think she also eludes to, but does not clarify, bad things happening to her at night. ?? Strange visitors? Don't these types of things prevent you from being eligible? I believe at the time she was even single, not with her current partner. It just seems like that would be one of those huge red flags that comes up while applying. Unless she lied and said she had no mental problems? I don't know. I'm all for children being adopted. If I had gads of money and could afford it, I would even consider adopting. But I'd probably be rejected for being a bitch or something.

It all just seems weird. Sort of Joan Crawford-esque. I can't wait for THAT book to come out by one of her children, because I don't like her anyway. I used to, but not anymore. I hate people that demand freedom of speech, but only THEIR speech. If you have something different to say.. then you need to SHUT UP! :)