Friday, February 15, 2008

In with a bang.... or was that a POP??!

So I've always said my 40's would be my best years ever. Pfft. They're not starting out to be the best, so I'm a bit skerred. I was sick all last week, and spent my birthday recovering from a really bad cold. Saturday night I cried and coughed all night. You know those colds where you feel somewhat fine all day, but then as soon as you curl up into bed you hack and heave the night away. So Sunday I decided to take some sort of magical sleeping pill. I slept so well that I didn't budge until I woke up at 7:30 when the alarm went off. I slept with tons of pillows under my head so that I would be vertical.. and slept on my left side. This.. it seems.. is the combination of death.. as I could not move my left leg. I could barely walk down the stairs, and ended up crying on the floor for 2 days. Seems I have bulged a disk, or some sort of icky thing. It's ass. I went to see a doctor Wednesday afternoon and got a few muscle relaxers, and that was OK. But that night ended up at the hospital because I screamed just to walk to the bathroom. ..sigh.. At any rate, I'm able to sit up today in my chair. My father brought me crutches AND a walker today :) So this must be the greatness of turning 40? I have never experienced this kind of pain. Even giving birth was over in one day :)

But I did have a nice birthday regardless. And my husband is wonderful, I just want to say for the record. He has been so sweet to me this week and so very helpful. Even when I'm a psychotic crying babbling idiot screaming at him to leave me alone :) He fixed me up with a comfortable bed on the floor, which is where I was stuck. Helped me get good meds and things to help me stop coughing. Sometimes Valentine's Day can be a box of chocolates.. and other times it's just the reminder that he really does love me for better or for worse :) I can't imagine what I would have done had I been alone. I sure do love that guy :)