Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sadness

One of my favorite actresses has died. Deborah Kerr. She was 89. I always loved her movies, she just had so much personality. And was so beautiful. I can't even start to list the movies I loved her in, but of course the one that makes me cry every time would be 'An Affair to Remember'. Holy cow. And after all these years I know how it's going to end! But when Cary Grant discovers the picture he painted ..sold to a woman in a wheelchair by his manager... is in her apartment.... bring on the water works!

"Oh, it's nobody's fault but my own! I was looking up... it was the nearest thing to heaven! You were there... " BWaaaaaaaaaaaaa....tissue...waaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaa...tissue...snort

She was amazing. I loved 'The King and I', I have also watched it over and over and over .... And so many more. One where she was a seamstress and was in love with some factory owner's son.. and he married a bitch and had 2 kids. I don't remember the name, but it also makes me cry. They do end up together in the end ... OF COURSE!! An old black/white move. (Nevermind, that was Maureen O'Hara I think.. doh!) And the make-out scene in 'From Here to Eternity'... everyone has seen THAT! SO naughty! :) Oh well. She will never be forgotten :)

I just researched info on her. She was born in Scotland.. just like me!! OK, but she stayed there :) And when she retired from movies, due to graphic sex and violence, she moved to Switzerland! OK, it's like we're related! She had 2 daughters, don't seem to be in acting however. Was only married twice, so that's impressive :)

And these little factoids:
*Joan Crawford was originally meant to play her role in 'From Here to Eternity' (1953).
What a travesty THAT would have been!
*Maureen O'Hara was originally meant to play her role in 'The King and I' (1956).
Again, WHEW!
*August 2004 - her brother, Edmund Trimmer (78) was murdered in a road rage incident.
*When she was a young girl, she had a strict "Victorian" grandmother who made her lie on her back, on the floor, for long periods of time, in order to "straighten her back" and ensure good posture.