Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Download

Lastnight I had a really creepy dream. Again, one of those that when you wake up you're completely exhausted and stressed out. I remember it from the point that MrNV, Monkey and I were in our van.. not sure where we were going. For some reason MrNV decided it would be a great idea to crawl all over the van.. he was trying to get something. Not inside, no, but the outside of the van.. like a ... well.. monkey. While I'm freaking out (driving) he's telling me it's OK and fine and bla bla... and I discover I have no brakes. "We have no brakes! I can't slow down!!!"... cars whirring past us in the opposite direction and honking. Me freaking out that he's going to get hit by a passing car. "Get in the van now!!!!!!!"... of course, he says, "It's OK!". Then I realize his foot.. even though he's hanging on the door.. is on the gas pedal. WHAT!!!!???? So I manage to kick his foot off, then coast up hill through a park. Hoping I don't run anyone over. We finally stop and he's all perky, "Great, let's have a picnic here!"... like nothing happened. ..sigh.. So, we get out and I notice there is a super fine tornado looking vortex coming from the sky. It's not stormy, but just a small cloud. I thought it was neat at first, because it was only as wide as a pen. However, strong enough to grab Monkey Boy, so MrNV and I are both clinging to him for dear life as he's hanging upside down from the sky. We're both grabbing him and grabbing each other trying to weigh him down. The tornado finally vanishes and then we realize a huge black storm is upon us, and now there is a huge tornado. So we turn and run... and run... and run... to this very large ominous church. I'm guessing Catholic, cuz they're just cooler looking :) We enter and run down millions of stairs yelling at everyone to take cover because there is a tornado coming. We get to the bottom floor and between the pews there are these 2 foot deep spaces, seems like where people might put there feet. Have no idea why they were there, but I threw Monkey into one and laid on top of him. Of course, while MrNV is heard from the stairwell, "Wowwww! That is THE coolest!!!"... then he finally dives for cover with us. After all of the noise and destruction passes above, we lift our heads wondering if it's over or if we're in the eye of some giant freakish tornado. Just then I see this evil dark shadowy creature coming down the stairs of the church. One of those things you just know is evil, but you're not sure why NOW is such a good time for it to appear??!?!? And I'm wondering what kind of church we have entered... and how far down we went?!?! And what IS this box area I'm cowering in?!?? And where can I run to hide from THIS? And can I? Is the tornado coming back?!?! WAS IT A TORNADO?!?!? WHAT IS GOING ON!??!... and I woke up :)

..whew...

I thought about it, and I think 90% of that dream is me just getting old and freaking out that my husband still lives in the fast lane with his foot on the pedal and no brakes. And I'm just trying to keep up :) The other 10% is because he made me watch scary movies and I hate them. He turns them on the TV in the office, then hides the remote. As he knows I'm too unmotivated to get up and push the stupid little change button.. and that he'll fuss anyway. Then I get hooked into the plot.. not much of a plot.. and I want to know what happens. He sucks ;)

Otherwise, getting ready for Halloween. We purchased and carved 20 pumpkins. Well, I carved about 5 and gave up when MrNV kept 'improving' them. They were too happy I think. GirlNextDoor and her daughter kicked in their skillz on a couple.. and the pumpkin stakes are up. Now to add Satan and some gore.. some tombstones and we'll be good.

My sister's kitty died yesterday. My mother will see this as a sign, that everything dies in 3's, and will be crying until the 3rd animal dies. As she has about 100, I'm sure it will be one of hers.

My brother keeps emailing me unimportant news and links. I wish he would stop. He put a stuffed animal in our mailbox yesterday. I still have not received an apology, and I got another call about 10 days ago from the cops wanting me to pick up my drunk brother. He emails how he's going to AA, yet I'm getting calls. He obviously doesn't know they called me. But now my other sister is also sending me emails. I'm not quite sure when the memo went out that I wanted to be buddies with my shitty siblings? She's inviting me to jewelry parties and such.. I just ignore them. Won't they stop?

Did the scrapbooking thing last weekend with the other sister, we'll call her MrsQVC. It was alright. Not quite what I expected, but fun enough. Did learn to make this neat little card/book out of a single 12x12 piece of paper. I said to MrsQVC, "Hey, with a Christmas theme, these would make cool Christmas cards. We should get together and make some?". Next thing I know MrsQVC is purchasing all the supplies and planning a huge shindig at her place. To the point that she invited my buddy Chalice. She was over here and answered the phone while we were gone, and MrsQVC explained it all to her. Big eats-n-treats shindig. I was mad, until I realized I might as well let her do it and spend all the $$.. cuz it makes her happy. And I'll just bring my crew over there :) Saves me doing it, right? She wants to be a busy body and scrapbook, then let her. I signed up for the classes so we could do something together, not so she could take over my hobby. But, whatever.

Puppy is doing great. Growing like a weed. A fat little round weed with vicious teeth and claws. Not sure if they have a spray for that :)

Monkey Boy is excited about Halloween. Not sure what he's going to be, but it will be gross. They no longer allow costumes at school, so that sucks. Oh well. They won't be happy until they suck all the fun out of life. So I will attend the 'Fall Celebration' tomorrow, but I know in my heart it's a freakin' HALLOWEEN PARTY! I need to start my own school where you get to party more and study less. I'm quite sure in the end my graduates will at least be happier and have the BEST memories!!!! Who cares that they can't add or spell :) They will know how to build the best haunted Halloween graveyard.. so they can get seasonal work at least :)

So. Photos later after the chaos. And no more dreams. Gah.