Monday, March 10, 2008

Shit. I'm a soccer mom.


So 40 might not be so bad after all. I'm finally feeling tons better, and today was a beautiful day outside. Spring just really makes you feel 100% better! And I suppose when you're sick for weeks, and then finally you feel good.. you might feel like you did before you were sick but it just feels BETTER... so I feel like I have improved :) Um. Well, it makes sense to me.

I ran errands today, shipped murals and got shit done. Then as I was making calls for MrNV this evening regarding soccer practice.. it hit me.... I'm a soccer mom! Crap. Monkey Boy wanted to take a break from baseball and try soccer, because he loves to run. Does not love sitting on the bench. So we'll see how it goes.. I'm pretty excited. MrNV volunteered to be an assistant coach, and somehow ended up being head coach. Bad since he travels so much, but it all worked out and he has a co-coach :) Plus I'll be there, and yelling at kids is sort of my thing. I'm good at it. Can I cuss? That might become an issue. Plus it's co-ed, so that should be interesting. I am annoyed that I called all the parents, and 3 of them can't practice on Thursday nights due to multiple other classes their kids are in. ?!?! One is playing baseball and the other had jazz and then some other class followed. C'mon now. And baseball always eeks in Saturday games, so how will that not compete with soccer? And when do they do their homework and school projects??!! Sheesh. I tell ya. Those kids are gonna be burned out by the time they join the work force :) Oh well. Just my opinion I guess. Whatever happened to being a kid? Having fun and climbing trees?

While driving down the highway today my wee brain had a conversation with itself and wanted to know how my new glasses looked. So I took a picture, and I liked it :) I like the highway on my glasses. Nope, nobody out there... I'm so fast! But I love the little dragonflies on my sunglasses. They have little glittering stones :)

My dad was mad today. He bought a bag of fresh garlic cloves, and discovered it was from China. China? Seriously. You can't even get fresh garlic grown in the US? I don't even know where to shop or what to buy anymore.

I hope everyone is doing great. Off to continue trying to be productive :) Or, to play Puzzle Pirates! Hey, Dawg, Monkey Boy has his own sloop now :) I'm learning navigation and battle navigation. Battle navigation is kind of a drag as I never have loaded cannons. But, I win battles and get a bit of poe in the process :) Loading cannons is arse. Seriously. It should be banned and then destroy the program.